DENTAL PRACTICES FOR SALE – W. DAVID GRIGGS
The sale or purchase of an established practice is one of the most serious steps you will take in your entire career — perhaps in your life! Few advisors, colleagues, or even spouses totally understand all of the concerns and questions that doctors have when considering the transition of a practice. To complicate things further, the answer to one question inevitably leads to dozens of new questions that also require answers in order to make sound decisions. And since each doctor’s situation is unique, different answers are often required for identical questions due to the differences in each doctor’s personal and financial situation.
Doctors that are contemplating BUYING a practice often ask following:
- What sort of practice should I look for?
- What size practice should I buy based on my income needs?
- Is it better to have the owner stay after the sale, or leave?
- Will the patients and staff will accept me as the new owner?
- Is financing available and if so, where are the best sources?
SELLERS: WE CAN HELP GUIDE YOU THROUGH THE ENTIRE PRACTICE SALE PROCESS
from determining the market value of your practice, locating a buyer (or working with your existing buyer-prospect), negotiating all important sale terms and conditions with buyers and their advisors, through the closing and the completion of your sale.
Doctors that are contemplating SELLING often ask following:
- How and when should I begin planning for a transition?
- Which transition strategy will best fit my present and future needs?
- Cannot afford to sell my practice at this time, and if not, when?
- How will a transition affect me psychologically?
- What impact will a transition have on my patients and staff?
“I’ve personally experienced what its like to be an associate, buyer, and a seller of a dental practice, and my first-hand knowledge has provided me with a deep understanding of the challenges involved.” – David Griggs D.D.S.
Dr. Griggs’ book, Successful Practice Transitions, is a national best seller from PennWell Publishers, the parent company of Dental Economics Magazine.
“I congratulate you for this valuable resource! Your book is organized and understandable, and should be of significant use to those who are going through the situations you describe” – Gordon J. Christensen, DDS, MSD, PhD